Veterinary Intensive Care for Critically Ill & Post-Surgery Pets
When your pet needs to be hospitalized for an acute illness or to recover from surgery, Orchard Park Veterinary Medical Center offers the finest intensive care unit available. Our professional and support staff care for all hospitalized patients, providing vital round-the-clock veterinary services. While hospitalized in our intensive care unit, your pet is never alone or unmonitored.
We combine cutting-edge medical procedures and state-of-the-art technology with genuine care for the well-being of your pet: 24 hours a day, every day!
Setting the Standard for Intensive Care
A veterinarian, licensed veterinary technicians, and veterinary assistants attend to the nursing needs of your pet in intensive care. Our high level of staffing enables us to closely monitor your pet’s health, carry out the orders of the veterinarian, and adjust treatments as needed to make your pet more comfortable and assure his or her well-being.
One intensive care unit (ICU) offers 25 special care kennels, two runs for large patients, incubators, and oxygen kennels. For those in need, we offer the advantage of our in house blood bank. Note the following additional amenities:
Exams and Diagnostics
- Twelve examination rooms
- Digital radiology suite
- Two special procedure rooms for ultrasonography and endoscopy
- One oncology suite for chemotherapy and cancer related procedures
- Dental suite with digital dental X-ray system
- Computed Tomography (CT Scan)
- Surgical prep area
- Surgical pack room for surgical equipment sterilization
- Two special surgical suites for orthopedics and soft tissue surgeries
- One general surgery suite
- Intensive Care Unit with cardiac telemetry system
- One separate canine ward
- One avian and exotic ward
- One separate feline ward
- One isolation ward
Our veterinary facility is designed to offer comfort, convenience, efficiency, and the ultimate in patient care during a critical illness, injury, or surgery.